QuickBooks financial accounting software has brought a revolutionary change in the world of small businesses of sectors and sizes. Implement the smart accounting solution to your business and say good bye to all the bickering accounting tasks. The main purpose of using this QuickBooks software is to simplify the accounting operations of your business process. Managing accounts by QuickBooks brings in reliability and accuracy also involves very minimal time. In the small and med sized business on-premise accounting software QuickBooks is used for better performance.
There are situations when a business owner needs to migrate entire data into a new computer. It is very important to ensure that entire data migration is successfully done. For that you have to know the steps involved in the migration process. This will help you to smoothly migrate your QuickBooks financial data to a new computer system to prevent the data loss.
QuickBooks Data Migration Steps to a New System
Data migration process involves simple and easy steps. Following this will help to move all the confidential data when you are changing your system.
- Double click on QuickBooks program to launch it
- Click “File” in the top menu bar of the QuickBooks screen
- Select “Save Copy or Backup” from the drop-down menu. A dialog window will appear on the screen
- Click “Backup Copy” in the dialog window and press the “Next” button
- Click “Local Backup” and click “Next”
- Press the radio button next to “Save Now” and click “Next”
- Select the folder or location on your computer hard drive to save the file and press the “Save” button
The QuickBooks software will now initiate the automated backup process and export all of your QuickBooks data into a single backup file. You will have to wait for the backup process to complete before closing the QuickBooks application. Sometimes it may take little time as it depends upon the speed of your computer processor.
- Convert the backup file to a blank CD or drag a copy to a USB flash drive. Email it to yourself as an attachment.
- Transfer the backup file to your new computer system by USB flash drive, or downloading it from the email that you sent to yourself.
- You need to launch the QuickBooks program on your new computer system.
- Click “File” in the top menu of the QuickBooks screen and select “Open or Restore Company” from the drop-down menu. A backup dialog window will appear.
- Click “Restore a Backup Copy” and click “Next”
- Click the radio button next to “Local Backup” and click “Next”
- In the proceeding window, locate the backup file that you transferred
- Finally click on “Open”
QuickBooks will then import all of your old QuickBooks data and transfer your old QuickBooks information to your new system. And you can start on your work in your new system without any problems. Thus QuickBooks helps you to migrate your crucial data from your old system to new system. Follow the above steps and get data transferred in few minutes. The migration feature of QuickBooks has been highly productive to the business as well as users.
QuickBooks Data Migration Extension for Financials
Implementing the QuickBooks Data Migration Extension simplifies to migrate customers, vendors, items, and accounts from QuickBooks to Financials. It helps your business to by helping you to export the relevant information and then open an assisted setup guide to upload the data to Financials.
Exporting Data from QuickBooks
Earlier you might have exported some or all of your existing customers, vendors, inventory items, and accounts to an Intuit Interchange Format (IIF) file. The QuickBooks Data Migration extension comprise of default mapping of QuickBooks data so that you can use your existing data to test your new Financials Company. The default mapping will be sufficient in the vast majority of cases, but you can change the mapping in the assisted setup guide. In QuickBooks, the File menu involves a utility to export lists. For the purposes of Financials, you can export the following lists: Customer List, Vendor List, Item List, and Account List. The exported data is finally saved as an IIF file that you can then upload to Financials.
For your entire technical and functional query you can also connect with QuickBookstechnical.help. It is a reliable QuickBooks Consulting company providing quick and quality QuickBooks Migration services. We heir Intuit certified QB professionals, who with their extensive experience will suggest the right guidance that can be your route to business success. To know more about us visit www.quickbookstechnical.help or contact us at +1 844 313 4861.